Venezia by Fabriano

These sketches are all in my new 9x12 Venezia Sketchbooks. the paper is wonderful for ink and takes watercolor washes very well
I am inspired by the techniques in one of my favorite art books Watercolor without Boundaries by Karlyn Holman. all the drawings I plan on will be cityscapes, or landscapes, many from photos I took while on a trip to the UK and France. There will also be sketches from photo refs around the world shared by my Wetcanvas art friends.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

I have been messing around a bit with images
this one was from a photo ref of an old Blikensdurfer Company typewriter from 1892, posted by a friend on wetcanvas. when I gave it life it kind of reminded me of a David Lynch film I saw years ago, but not as weird.
I call him Old Blicky



the next challenge was to paint like Gustav Klimt, I never appreciated his style quite so much until I tried this.  It was fashioned after Klimt's "Death and Life", I chose only the life side of his painting and incorporated a group of clay figures provided in a photo ref, from a sculptures studio.
this was mostly done in ink and Inktense pencils





No comments:

Post a Comment